Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Why My New Name is "King"

So Sunday we had some trouble with the air conditioning in the sanctuary. No, they weren't stolen, just a glitch in the system. But it was hot. And I was in my robe and I knew I was going to get worked up preaching. I sweat like a dancing mule anyway, so I took the robe off and set it on the choir chairs.

After the service, Matt Baker said, "You remember when Jerry "the King" Lawler would take off his crown and robe when he got into the wrestling ring? That's what you looked like taking that off!"

I about fell apart, because I LOVE Jerry "the King" Lawler. Before you laugh about me liking wrestling, think about it. The Spanish word for wrestler is Luchador, or "struggler." Did not Jacob wrestle with the angel? Are we not wrestling to win souls, to promote holiness so Jesus can present us pure and spotless to the Father?

"King." I'll take it.

1 comment: