Friday, October 21, 2011

Retreat

I spent Mon-Wed at the Upper Room in Nashville, for the second and final retreat of the Companions in Ministry project. CIM tries to spiritually equip pastors to form small groups to help carry on the work of ministry without burning out.

It was a good time of being away, apart, in an environment suited for reflection. We were led again by Trevor Hudson, a great South African Methodist pastor. I have had time to think about how and why it is that two S African pastors, Peter Storey and Trevor Hudson have had the impact they have had on me...

Trevor Hudson does a wonderful job of opening us up to ways Jesus wants to work in our lives. A good Methodist, he knows that we must be transformed by the love and grace of Christ before we can be any earthly good.

At the end of the day, having some time and some space and having some leadership from Trevor, I got to a place that God has taken me twice before on retreat: a very simple command, a very clear word from Him for my spirit: "Go home and love your wife and children."

I suppose I should want to unpack that; or perhaps you need me to. Oh well. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment