Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thankfulness

I suppose it doesn't take much to make me happy. I am so pumped to have a two-car garage, I don't know what to say. And, in a fit of un-American behavior, I have both cars in there! When I was a kid, my dad let me start the car in the morning. Of course, it was a trick to get me to be the one to go out in the German winter to scrape the windows... because first we had a 74 VW van, and the heaters were no good; and second, it was so cold it did not matter if you had heat anyway. I have ever since hated scraping ice in winter. Now, no more. Very thankful.

Nadia now says, "Powerbomb." She actually says, "Ba-bom." Then I power bomb her. Its awesome how good a wrestler she is. When I drop her on the bed she groans, "oh!" After she gets out of the bath tub, she asks for power bombs. Like dozens of times. She also imitates something else I do, that cheesy thing where you hold out both hands, with the index fingers pointing. She growls when she does that; not sure where that comes from... She also does the Elvis playing the guitar thing. like I said, doesn't take much to make me happy!

And then there is a great joy lately in our Bible study. We read from the Gospel of John at the dinner table. The boys have noticed talk in the Gospel of it not being Jesus' time. So tonight, reading John 9, Joseph asks excitedly, "is it Jesus' time yet?!?" I cannot wait to get to chapter 12!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment